Our Firm’s International Trade & Customs practice can provide assistance with your import of goods activities as well as transportation operations in the Dominican Republic.
Our customs and international trade attorneys advise foreign and national companies to comply with Dominican Customs, shipping and transport regulations for the import, consolidation and export of products into the Dominican Republic and tax free zones.
We provide counsel on customs tariffs, free trade agreements qualification and ensuring product compliance with Dominican Republic laws and regulations prior to their entry.
We also represent clients in tariff disputes, customs litigation and detentions requiring product testing and completing import documents or customs declaration deficiencies.
Our Support Area in International Trade:
- Customs detentions & penalties
- DR-CAFTA and other FTA Qualification
- Good manufacturing practices
- International trade law
- Labeling requirements
- Mandatory product registration
- Pre- importation planning
- Sales of controlled products (foods, etc.)
- Tariff and customs disputes
Main Practice Areas