DR Hotels & Casinos Minimum Wage
Employers in the Dominican hotels, casinos, restaurants, bars, cafes, cafeterias, night clubs, fast food and other food and beverage business, should know that Dominican Labor Ministry Resolution 17-2015 of National Minimum Wage for such sectorized employees was approved on August 25, 2015.
The most relevant provisions of Resolution 17-2015 include:
- Fixing the minimum wage of Dominican Hotels, Casinos, Clubs, Bars and Restaurants employees according to the following scale:
- RD$$9,005.00 monthly (approx. 199.45 USD) for enterprises whose facilities and inventory or their combination exceed four million pesos (RD$4, 000,000.00).
- RD$$6,461.00 monthly (approx. 143.10 USD) for enterprises whose facilities and inventory or their combination exceed two million pesos (RD$2,000,000.00)
- RD$$5,814.00 monthly (approx. 128.77 USD) for enterprises whose facilities and inventory or their combination are less than two million pesos (RD$2,000,000.00)
- Application of said minimum wage resolution from July 1st, 2015.
III.Payment of trainees’ minimum wage should be made pursuant to the provisions of the Labor Code, and based in the training hours of the business where services are rendered.
- Employees with a salary higher than the minimum shall not enjoy increases thereto, unless the parties agree otherwise.
- Duty of permanently fixing said Resolution 17-2015, in a visible place of the work place.
Copyright © 2016. Arthur & Castillo